Thursday, November 23, 2017

Muson Bluetooth transmitter and receiver.

I was recently asked to review the Muson Bluetooth transmitter and receiver, so as usual I gave it the most thorough test I could. Taking it into as many of my daily places and routines as possible to see how it performed.

So what is this device.
Well, inside the pack, as you can see in the picture, there is the unit itself, along with a number of leads, to allow you to both charge it and use it in the various ways it allows.

The main unit is about the same size as a large watch body, similar in thickness too, but very light due to its construction. As you can hopefully see from the pictures, there are a number of ports, switches and buttons along the edges. These allow it to be charged, connected and controlled but the user.
In the middle of the body is the led, and main control button. Power and pairing is taken care of from here.

On top there are volume buttons, the left houses the transmit and receive switch, and the bottom is a micro USB and a standard jack plug.

Connecting could not be easier. Depending on the function you require will determine the set up used.
My main use has been connecting Bluetooth wireless headphones to the various PC's and laptop's I use. At work, being plugged in allows me the freedom of movement around the office and desk, while being able to hear the audio from the PC.
As home, on the turbo trainer, I am able to plug into the PC running my training software, so I can hear audio cues from it while at the same time streaming music from Spotify on my phone or laptop. The performance has been superb in all arenas, allowing a stream of good quality audio through headphones, from devices which are not Bluetooth enabled.

The set up also allows being a receiver too. Using it in an older car, I am able to plug the receiver into the aux in socket on the head unit, and stream music from Spotify on my phone, straight into the car speakers. Allowing me to hear navigation instructions, and turning my head unit into a hands free system connected via Bluetooth.

For such a little and simple device, it has so many real world applications. When I was first asked to review it I wondered what I would possibly use one for, but as the weeks have passed, I have found myself lending it to people for them to use also.

Cheap in price, rich in functionality, this little device brings older hardware back into modern day use.

No comments:

Post a Comment