Monday, March 27, 2017

My cycling goals for 2017

In reality I should have written this a long time ago, but here we are 3 months into the year, and I am only just getting around to it. Probably for the best, given that I have missed over a month in the saddle for one reason or another. Leaving me already 234 miles down on my target for the year.

After last years achievement of a 2000 mile goal, and having taken lots of time off then too, I thought this year would be a good one to push it. So here are a few of my goals for 2017. This is not an exhaustive list, but probably IS exhausting!

Distance goal. 3000 miles
Elevation goal 150,000ft
Single ride goal +100miles
Commute goal average 75 miles per week (single speed)
Commute climb goal, 1000ft single ride (single speed)
Complete 4 Sportives (1 done already Reading)
250 miles in Spain (July)
Ride in a new country

So that is the basics. Obviously I would also like to improve my FTP also during this time. I am planning to re test my FTP in April when I have spent a bit more time in the saddle. Hopefully by the end of the year I will be at least 10% on last years.

EDIT
One plan to get 1000ft elevation in for the commute to work. Fun on a single speed.
https://www.strava.com/routes/8043742

No comments:

Post a Comment