Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Really not feeling too good

I don't know what the cause is, maybe its the new meds, Allopurinol for the gout, maybe its just poor health, I am really not sure right now, but what I do know is, I feel like crap right now.

The past couple of weeks I have had a lot of numbness in my right arm, and aches, as well as pins and needles in my hand. The ache has now reached the stage where even typing causes discomfort in the knuckle joint.Trying to grip the hand rail on the train on the way into work today, I noticed that the ache got worse within seconds, and my grip was quite poor.
Last week while driving, I missed a turn I have been taking for 20 years now, my driveway!  I was just slow turning, which could be to do with the grip.

I'm not going to write too much, as its quite uncomfortable now, but I will list the issues I am currently having. Thankfully I am seeing my GP tomorrow evening, and my physio on Mon, just in case the sensations are to do with the tightness I have in my back and shoulders.

So here goes, oldest symptoms first.

Numbness in right hand and arm (persistent and regular)
Sensation of tightness at top of arm, like pressure on artery
Pins and needles in hand
Crush sensation in index finger
Raising the arm, leaning on arm or using it to carry something causes symptoms to return.
Ache, tenderness in middle knuckle of middle finger
Lots of tension and tightness in right neck, shoulder, back.

More recently....
Blurry headed
Slight occasional confusion, forgetting what I was saying, not thinking straight to write or speak
Coordination hit and miss when doing things like typing.


So that's me, that is how my day is at the moment.
Seriously hoping that its something simple like a trapped nerve causing my arm issues. But the latter issues are really starting to bug me now. Part of it is probably stress from worrying about my arm, and not wanting more CTS surgery.

Either way, my brain is fried right now, so I'm keeping it short and sweet and signing off.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment