Thursday, February 7, 2013

So here goes...

With the ultimate test of this blackberry z10, can I manage a decent and meaningful email or on without losing the will to live with the touchscreen? 
Well let's see.
I have been meaning to do this since I got the Z10 but wanted to wait until I was comfortable with it so it got a fair chance, and today is that day.
So far so good, I'm sitting on a train for my usual commute, and doing what I usually would do, passing the time by writing my thoughts down. First impressions its not doing too bad. My typing accuracy is a little off to say the least but the keyboard is being very forgiving and correcting a lot of my mistakes which suits me fine. Is it slower, that's the main question for me, and the answer is simple, yes it's slower. 

For someone like me that spends a lot of time blogging or emailing I have to admit it is a little frustrating, but I have got a lot further into this blog than I ever have before with any other touchscreen. 

If I'm honest I would love to be viewed clicking away on my trusty qwerty right now, there is no doubt. As I go on using the delete and backspace is getting a little annoying, but there are whole paragraphs that go without fault, so maybe this is still just down to me and my fat thumbs. To be fair let's go with that for now.

All in all, very impressive to say the least. And flick words are nice for the larger longer words. The word prediction is pretty good too, but I  find at the moment the tense of the suggests words are wrong. Seems to be improving though. 

So I will leave it there for now, here ends my test, and im pleased to say BlackBerry Z10 you have passed. 
Regards
Michael Snasdell

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the fat thumbs but I find the Z10 is very good at auto correcting my mistakes.

    ReplyDelete