Saturday, June 2, 2012

Peaceful Saturday morning

So I woke to the sound of this bugger of a machine drilling and hammering away at the concrete once used to flood the basement and secure the foundations and surrounding houses on the site at 6 Church Rise

From the day the original structure became unstable and needed securing, I always knew that this was going to be an irrirating time. Getting the dozens of tons of concrete, which were just pumped blindly in there, back out. So here we are!

I can't moan too much really, it could be a lot worse. But today is the first time in ages I have really NEEDED a lay in and extra rest and sleep.... However it was not to be!

Right now I can't wait for this phase to be over with, and for some reinforcements to go in to make the whole thing secure again. Once a building starts to appear out of the ground I will be far happier. Its been 4 years since disaster struck, and I can't wait to see a house there again, and not have god awful hoarding around the place. That said I will miss the extra daylight I currently get.


Sent using BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment